heyeh
I'm just going to complain about my SIP for this few days and how much problems i encountered..
E-journal March
First day of work was interesting enough. We were all very excited about what are we supposed to do and what to expect from the job. As we arrived, we were shown around Marina Country Club and given time off to fill up forms. We even got free breakfast from the company. After that, we split up into our different departments and were bought to see our different supervisors. My supervisor was a very nice guy. He gave me and Ming Yang a thorough break-down of what to expect and what are we supposed to do there. He told us just how difficult the job is and asks us on the spot if we can handle it and ask if we still want the job. We told him that we will do our best no matter what the situation requires of us. He gave us the first day off as he does not have any job for us at the moment.
Second day of work was the actual start of my SIP. We arrived early at work at about 9.15 and went to have breakfast before reporting for work as we realized that the office was actually locked. The first person to arrived was a lady who was also a grass root leader of south east CDC. The employees of the company all had previous experiences in running an event from the end-user perspectives thus they do not know how an event is actually being budgeted and designed from the event company perspectives. From our observations, they have detailed discussion about almost every aspect of the event down to the very miniature details such as the height of the backdrop, color co-ordination of the backdrop and etc. They also taught us about how to do budgeting for events to entice customers. Some tactics that was very effective was the lure of free gifts for customers. They are able to do this by marking-up on some areas of the event and all this mark-up will cover up the cost of free gifts.
Third day of work was horrible. We got transferred out of the event company and had to wait for the whole day just for the issue to be resolved. In the end, we got transferred to Sakura. We had to go to the head quarter for signing of contract and getting out uniforms. As we sat there in the office, we realized that their processing of application for new employees was very fast. We only had to sit there for about an hour or so and we were officially the members of Suki group of companies. Their Human Resource department had streamlined the process to only the signing of contract and signing out of uniforms. Other detail such as pay had been already been set and was non-negotiable thus it was simply a matter of applicants just signing the letter.
Fourth day of Sip was the worst day ever. It was the day when I realized that I was cheated by the restaurant manager. I was told that I do not have to handle meat and that was why I agreed to work for them. In the end, the restaurant manager says that even Muslim a recognized religion can work there by just wearing a glove and mine is not even a recognized religion so why can’t I? However the problem here is that I’m a vegetarian and I’m against killing of animals. I might not be able to ask you not to eat meat but I do not want to encourage you to eat meat or event served meat to you.
There was something good though. The people there were nice enough. They taught me a lot of stuff like how they run a buffet line, what are the job scopes of each and every one as I was switched from different areas due to lack of manpower. From bar to floor, thus I learned a lot more than the rest. Some things I learned are that they have a different system of selling the drinks. They made the customer pay a higher price and give them rebates to make the price looks very attractive. However, the rebates can be used to purchase drinks as it is not included in the buffet price or better food such as higher grade of beef.
No comments:
Post a Comment